ESHOW BARCELONA 2016
The eShow Barcelona that was held last week was the 8th edition (#eShowBCN16) and had a particular theme and mostly everything was related to helping companies succeed in their Digital transformation (#TransformingDigitalCompanies). This year’s event had 35% more visitors than last year.
Attending the event gave us the opportunity to know about the latest trends of this digital era where technology keeps on revolutionizing our lifestyles and the way we do business.
There were discussion sessions and where leaders were sharing their experiences with us, which is always extremely interesting and makes you think about things you don’t really have time to think about every day as you’re quite busy with work!
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THE NEXT ESHOW?
As we attended the last eShow in Madrid and were quite satisfied, we decided to attend the one organized in Barcelona and we believe there are many reasons why we recommend it, but here are the main ones:
- Incredible speakers as for example the co-founder of Wallapop; Agustin Gomez and many other speakers from companies such as Vibbo and Atrapalo.
- Endless presentations covering topics as e-commerce trends, tools and new practices that can only help you understand the new digital world we live in.
- People representing great companies as Didac Lee, Privalia, Google, eBay and many others.
- The event gives the opportunity to connect with a wide network of professionals and experts of the tech and digital industry.
WHO ATTENDED THE EVENT?
There were +12000 visitors and 200 speakers at the eShow Barcelona! Exhibitors were covering different areas as online marketing, mobile industry, social media, email marketing, logistics, payment methods, web analytics, SEO, e-commerce & m-commerce, big data, business intelligence, cloud & hosting, digital advertising, web & app development, web optimization, image solutions, software solutions, creation of e-shops, consulting, and the list goes on and on!
Mostly, the visitors were general managers in marketing or IT departments, CEOs, CMOs & CIOs. We also obviously met many experts in SEO.
INTERESTING FACTS & NUMBERS
- According to the “Total Retail 2016 report” by PwC, 19% of Spaniards buy online at least once a week
- For the first time since the creation of the Internet, advertising investments in digital media (18.3 %) exceeds advertising investments in print media (15.6 %)
- Social Media keeps on growing at a very fast pace. 5% of online shoppers say that media influences them when visiting a page, 17 % of customers have used social networks over the past year as a channel for customer service and 80 % of social media users prefer to connect with brands through Facebook
- Today, Spaniards prefer digital display (44 %) as a form of outdoor advertising, right before billboards on buses (38 %) and advertising on buildings (25%). Also, 82% of the spanish people consider that the digital signage enhances the image of brands.
- Consumers make the final buying decision mainly based on the information gathered on the web pages of companies. Making SEO & user experience more and more important to improve the vision of the end user.
3 MOST COMMON SERVICES
We can see a transformation happening, passing from traditional logistics to a new era of digital logistics. In fact, there are many new trends & strategies in the operations industry and the fact that we keep on evolving when it comes to technology only means that we will see a drastic change in supply chain management.
Logistics management has become a fundamental part of business and as in many industries, digital transformations tends to increase customer-centric services and decisions, enabling us to affect positively the satisfaction of customers, therefore building long-term competitive advantages.
A company that really impressed us is Pack. This young organization delivers e-commerce orders in less than two hours in 14 Spanish cities. Within a few months, they had agreements with 4 of the 10 largest retailers in the country and today has more than 600 messengers.
The payments landscape has been changing a lot over the past years due to the growth of digital consumers. Consumers are looking for fast payments that are convenient and hassle-free.
There are many aspects in electronic payments that should be taken in consideration in order not to affect directly the success or failure of eCommerce projects. Of those aspects, you need to keep in mind prevention of fraud, dispute claims and returns, alternative payment systems cards, and many others. It is something highly demanded by customers and that is why financial leaders as CaixaBank and Santander are starting to offer those services to e-commerces, providing at the same time some credibility and security.
e-marketing or e-strategy
If implemented correctly, the return on investment from e-marketing far exceeds the ROI of traditional marketing strategies. There were many exhibitors offering services in digital marketing and online strategies including SEO to increase online rankings, content management to build an audience, email marketing that can be extremely powerful, social media management to increase engagement and web traffic, analytics to segment and retarget and other services.
As mentioned earlier, we participated to the last eShow that was in Madrid and we able to notice that there was a growth in the amount of companies offering content libraries to other organizations, for example 123RF or Fotolia. This means that as a member and by paying a monthly fee, you get access to a variety of images for editorial and advertising use, audio files, video clips, logos and vector illustrations.