Barcelona Tech City is an association opened to all those based in Barcelona working in digital and tech business and ecommerce in particular. It is a digital Business cluster that benchmarks Barcelona to the world.
The global aim of Barcelona Tech City is to consolidate and stimulate an emerging sector with a turnover of 6 billion euros and 10,000 workers, contributing to benchmark Barcelona as a reference in the international tech scene.
BARCELONA TECH CITY MAIN OBJECTIVES
- Promotion of digital tools as leverage for the growth of other sectors in the city
- To spread the entrepreneurship culture
- Placing Barcelona as an international hub
- Linking the sector to the Mobile World Capital
WHO ARE THE MEMBERS OF BARCELONA TECH CITY
1. Founding partners of business projects in the digital & tech business sector.
2. Founding partners of companies which provide consultancy services, directly or indirectly, for business projects in the digital & tech business sector.
3. Executive heads of digital business departments in companies or entities with their headquarters or branch in Barcelona, the main activity of which is not in digital business sectors.
4. Department managers or executive heads in multinationals with their headquarters or branch in Barcelona whose activity is in the digital & tech business sector. You can meet there CTO’s, CIO’s, CMO’s of big international companies and CEO’s of promising fast-growing start-ups.
5. Agents of venture capital entities or networks of private investors who have promoted investments in business projects in the digital & tech business sector.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN BENEFITS FOR THE MEMBERS
- Support in attracting finance from public entities or private institutions (Business Angels, Venture Capital, Investment forums)
- Share technological know-how
- Increase networking opportunities
- Internationally recognized reputation
- Better access to talented workers due to the promotion of entrepreneurship culture and the optimization of the relationship between University and Enterprise
WHO ARE THE MAIN PARTNERS OF BARCELONA TECH CITY
ESADE, Mobile World Capital, Transporte Metropolitans de Barcelona, Deloitte, Lavanguardia, Caixa bank, Barcelona Activa, Saba, Onebox and many others.
Barcelona Tech city has a government support and represents more than 250 companies, including Edreams, Privalía, Softonic, Inspirit, Ulabox and many many others.
Each month Barcelona Tech City organised networking and tech events and invite members to the world wide famous congresses and exhibitions like: IOT Solutions World Congress. It will take place in Barcelona, in Fira 16th – 18th of September and if you follow our blog and our social media networks, very soon you will know more about it.