Smartphone usage keeps on growing at a very fast pace and that means that people are just more and more addicted to their phones in many different ways. During the event, we talked about the two main opportunities that this high mobile usage represents; IOT & m-commerce.
IOT in the way that there are huge possibilities of change in the way we live our everyday life, connecting all our platforms and devices to each other, and for that, was given an amazing example of samsung that is a sort of pioneer. Here you can watch a video which illustrates very well how mobile dominates our lives and where we are going in terms of technology.
Regarding m-commerce, we talked about how it keeps on growing and how today, all retailers should absolutely be mobile oriented and offer that option to their customers in order no to loose to their competitors as this need has been increasing and has also changed the customer journey map.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THE EVENT
- Mobile gives huge opportunities regardless number of employees and industry. Whatsapp – 50 employees/1000 million users. 20 thousand millions sms/day.
- Customer journey starts with: 65% on a smartphone, 25% on a desktop and 11% on a tablet.
- On average 23% of people have 3+ things connected to their mobile phone (fridge, air-conditioning, oven, etc.)
- Privalia’s #1 sales channel is Mobile; Smartphones
- More iPhones sold than people born every day
It is a well-known fact that mobile has become the center of our universe and therefore it is very important to follow mobile trends and adapt your marketing strategy towards mobile; embrace the “mobile shift”. Responsive web design is the first step! And our next articles will be about why it is a must to go responsive, how to do it and what are the current trends in responsive web design.