MOBILE SHIFTThe main topic was mobile transformation, with Daniel Viniegra – country manager of Ikomobi and Ferran Güell – CMO of Privalia that shared their experience and expectations regarding this matter. Smartphone usage keeps on growing at a very fast pace and that means that people are just more and more addicted to their phones in many different ways. During the event, we talked about the two main opportunities that this high mobile usage represents; IOT & m-commerce. IOT in the way that there are huge possibilities of change in the way we live our everyday life, connecting all our platforms and devices to each other, and for that, was given an amazing example of samsung that is a sort of pioneer. Here you can watch a video which illustrates very well how mobile dominates our lives and where we are going in terms of technology. Regarding m-commerce, we talked about how it keeps on growing and how today, all retailers should absolutely be mobile oriented and offer that option to their customers in order no to loose to their competitors as this need has been increasing and has also changed the customer journey map.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THE EVENT
- Mobile gives huge opportunities regardless number of employees and industry. Whatsapp – 50 employees/1000 million users. 20 thousand millions sms/day.
- Customer journey starts with: 65% on a smartphone, 25% on a desktop and 11% on a tablet.
- On average 23% of people have 3+ things connected to their mobile phone (fridge, air-conditioning, oven, etc.)
- Privalia’s #1 sales channel is Mobile; Smartphones
- More iPhones sold than people born every day