E-commerce has had a spectacular growth in Vietnam during the past few years with 314% growth by last year. That is one of the main reasons we are going having Meetups about e-commerce in Saigon.
Last Thursday, we had a successful E-commerce Lean Startup Meetup at a very nice place called Worksaigon and it was presented by Xavi Hildago – CTO at Apiumtech. It was a very useful and warm Meetup with many developers, designers, and young entrepreneurs. We also got good feedbacks from participants (Nguyen Trung, Nghia Chung, Dat…). This Meetup was about e-commerce technologies, trends in Vietnam and all over the world.
After this meetup, you could have a general idea of how to build your own e-commerce. It is actually not difficult to have an e-commerce startup. You can build it in just 20 minutes, what you need is an interesting and crazy idea.
The main question is how to run your lean startup successfully
Xavi gave participants some useful advice on how to do it:
– Test your idea before you start. Get feedbacks, ideas from your audience/target, as many as possible.
– Don’t waste money for a big launching campaign. Have a good content in your details/description page and Google will do the rest for you.
– Begin with a small size and if you get good results, then expand!
– Have an “easy-to-shop e-commerce web/application” for your customers. Try to make it as simple as possible for the users.
– Never forget about the additional value, the competitive advantage.
Finally, keep in mind: “You should learn from your competitor, but never copy. Copy and you die.”- Jack Ma, Executive Chairman of Alibaba Group